Spring Stampex 2016 – 60 years of Stampex
17th Feb 2015 – 20th Feb 2016
Business Design Centre, London N1
Wednesday 17th February 11.30am to 7pm
Thursday 18th February 10am to 6pm.
Friday 19th February 10am to 6pm.
Saturday 20th February 10am to 5pm.
Entrance is Free to Stampex
Click here for shop
Celebrate 60 years of London’s Stampex
The United Kingdom’s premier philatelic show, Stampex, will celebrate its 60-year diamond anniversary during its Feb. 17-20, 2016, spring exhibition.
The show, which is organized by the Philatelic Traders’ Society, will take place at The Business Design Centre, in Islington.
“The exhibition will have a special showcase to commemorate this special anniversary,” a release from the Philatelic Traders’ Society reads. “Visitors can also expect over 100 stands, featuring specialist collections, national competitions and special displays by the Association of British Philatelic Societies entitled ‘Seven Nations Challenge’ with teams from Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, the UK and the USA, including a full national exhibition.”
A children’s stand, from Stamp Active Network, is among the highlights of the show.
To celebrate the 175th Anniversary of the much-loved 1841 Penny Red, there will be an area displaying some of the finest items in existence on the Village Green at Stampex this Spring.
New issues available during Stampex will be
- 17th February- First Day of Post & Go ‘Post & Go Royal Mail Heritage: Transport Stamp Set’ stamps in packs of 6 x 1st.
- 17th February -“Royal Mail 500” New stamp issue will be available inc Miniature Sheet.
- 18th February -“175th Anniversary of the Penny Red Stamp Book” – 6 x 1st Class Stamp Book and Souvenir Sheet.
- 18th-21st February – Royal Mail stamps and souvenirs issued over the last year.
Post and Go
Royal Mail stand now include Post and Go as part of their main stand situated at the rear of the mezzanine floor.
This Stampex will feature RM “self-service philately” machines A006, A008 and A009 as well as machines from partner postal authorities ; Jersey Post Machine JE01 , Guernsey Post Machine GG01 and Gibraltar GI01.
From the first Day of the show , 18th February the following items will be available :
- Post & Go Royal Mail Heritage:Transport set, Single Design ‘Locomotive: TPO’ and Machin with “500 Years of Royal Mail” overprint.
- Jersey Post new issue ‘Jersey Crest ‘ set and the first day of availability of Jersey Flag stamps with a ‘500 Years of Postal History ‘ overprint.
- Guernsey Post new issue ‘Bailiwick Life’ and the first day of availability of Guernsey Flag stamps with a ‘500 years of Postal History’ overprint.
- Gibraltar Post new issue ‘Monkey’ and Gibraltar Flag stamps
Post and Go smilers
As well as the Post and Go stamps, “Post and Go smilers” (not to be confused with the privately sponsored ‘Stampex’ smiler sheets below) will be available from the Post and Go stand.
Other Stampex items
As usual, visitors to Stampex will receive a free postcard, as a souvenir to take home or to use as a first day of issue mailing at the show (in conjunction with the new issues and special postmarks (postboxes and postmarking facilities are now available at the Business Design Centre).
The private, limited edition Stampex Smilers sheet for this Stampex will show , and will be available to buy.
A number of philatelic societies, including the Concorde Study Circle, Great Britain Philatelic Society, Bird Society, Thailand Philatelic Society, and the Wreck & Crash Mail Society will be holding meetings at Stampex.